Like all schools, St Mary's is no different in that it raises funds through various activities during the year.
Fundraising is coordinated and organised by the Fundraising Committee Comprising Governors and parents. The Committee formally reports to the Governing Body and to parents through the regular school newsletter.
The Committee organises a number of major fundraising events each year:
- Christmas Fair
- A sponsored children-based event around Easter
- Summer Fayre
In recent years each of these events has raised between £1,000 and £1,600.
In addition, other fundraising activities take place across the year.
After meeting commitments related to school funding, the Headteacher and staff decide how and where money raised from fundraising should be used. The guiding principles are that funds should be spent on things that:
- Enrich the children's experience of school
- Cannot be bought from school budget
- Benefit as many children as possible
- Mean that all children are able to participate in school activities.
If you are interested in being part of this group then please speak to Mr Murray, or any member of the Fundraising committee.